Are you on the bookish naughty or nice list this Christmas? Bookish Naughty Or Nice is a tag created by Jenniely! As there are only a few days until Christmas, it’s never too late to change your bookish habits and end up on the nice side. This is kind of like never have I ever, bookish edition! Hopefully I am not on my own if I end up in the wrong section!
1.Received an ARC and not reviewed it
I’m guilty of this! I have such a huge amount of books to read that it can take me a while to get to an ARC, it’s not happened often at least! So not on the best start to the naughty or nice!
2. Have less than 60% rating on NetGalley
So fun fact, I don’t actually use NetGalley! I’m not much of an E reader, I definitely prefer paperbacks! At least I’m redeeming myself here.
3. Rated A Book On Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did)
I’m so guilty of this, I always mark it as currently reading and I still forget to post a review. Hopefully in the new year, this might change!
4. Folded down the page of a book
Nope, not this year! I used to always use the most random items as a bookmark. However, this year I’ve done this less often and actually discovered bookmarks and their true beauty.
5. Accidentally spilled on a book
Now this is giving me unwanted flashback memories. I’m a tea drinker and I’ve used it often for my Instagram pictures. I may have spilled a tiny bit and had a breakdown, books are precious!
6. DNF a book this year
I’m surprised I haven’t done DNF a book this year! Although to me, it’s neither naughty or nice.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it
I have bought a book because it was pretty but I did have an intention of reading it. Unfortunately it wasn’t even a good read, so moral of the story is to not judge a book by its cover!
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework)
I straight up can’t even deny this! A procrastinator like me will always find time to read when they shouldn’t be.
9. Skim read a book
Looks like I’m pretty much on the naughty side! I’ve done this way too many times, mainly due to description just dragging a bit. Anyone else?
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal
I beat it! I only really started using Goodreads this year so I set myself a low target of 30 books and I’m happy I reached it!
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library
I have done this many times in the past ( still guilty) but not this year!
12. Broke a book buying ban
Yes, yes and yes! I’ve set myself a few book buying bans and the most it lasted was a month, I’m hoping this could be a new years resolutions to reach!
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about
I have the worst memory, I definitely think I should either write a review straight away or at least jot down a summary!
14. Wrote in a book you were reading
I don’t like to annotate in books but I have been doing for my English class. I’m not going to count this as it would not be my choice to!
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
I’ve done this a few times, as I’ve only started using it this year I keep forgetting I need to update my progress.
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend
I’ve not borrowed a book at all this year!
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book
Normally this would be me, but this year I’ve been trying to force a book into people’s hands. I just want to share my love of reading!
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book
I feel horrible for doing this. I definitely hope this won’t be me next year.
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged
I took a jacket of a book and it was protected, I wouldn’t be surprised if this wasn’t the case.
20. Sat on a book accidentally
Not this year and hopefully not the next!
I hope this was a fun post for you all to read! My score was 10/20 so not as bad as I was expecting! Let me know your own score in the comments and be sure to check in with tomorrows and yesterdays blogmas post, all about my top films!